WEDDING PLANNING TIMELINE: WHAT TO DO…AND WHEN TO DO IT:
9-12 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Determine who will officiate at the ceremony.
- -Select a wedding date and time.
- -Announce your engagement in the newspaper. (WE CAN DESIGN ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR YOU)
- -Determine how many guests may attend.
- -Determine the type of wedding you want (size, formality, style, color scheme).
- -Select and order the bridesmaids’ dresses. (WE CAN MATCH INVITES TO YOUR BRIDAL COLORS)
- -Establish a preliminary budget.
- -Select and secure a photographer.
- -Select a caterer if not already provided by the reception.
- -Select and secure your reception location.
- -Select and secure your ceremony location.
- -Select and secure your DJ/MC.
- -Begin choosing your wedding cake baker, videographer, and florist.
- -Pick out engagement ring with fiancé.
6-9 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Start compiling the guest list (inform your families to do the same).
- -Select the attendants for your wedding party.
- -Shop for the wedding dress, headpiece, veil, etc.
- -Start planning for honeymoon.
- -Send out Save the Dates.
- -Register with a gift bridal registry in your favorite store.
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Make appointments for a physical exam with your doctor/dentist.
- -Check requirements for blood test and marriage license in your state.
- -Shop for wedding rings.
- -Select and order the invitations and stationery.
- -Decide where to live after the wedding.
- -Complete the guest lists.
- -Begin shopping for trousseau.
- -Send your engagement announcement to the newspaper. (WE CAN DESIGN YOUR ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT)
- -Inform mothers to select their dresses.
- -Select and order the men’s attire.
- -Finalize honeymoon details and make the necessary reservations.
2-4 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Confirm the menu and catering details with the caterer. (WE CAN MAKE MENUS TO MATCH)
- -Prepare all maps and directions for the ceremony and reception. (WE CAN MAKE MAPS & DIRECTION CARDS FOR YOUR INVITES)
- -Select your wedding rings.
- -Buy a wedding guest book or HAVE PAPERMADE INVITES CREATE A CUSTOM ONE FOR YOU.
- -Set the dates and times with the officiant for the rehearsal.
- -Plan the bridesmaids’ luncheon and any other parties.
- -Determine your resources for designing and printing the program for the ceremony. WE CAN DESIGN SPECIAL WEDDING PROGRAMS FOR YOU…EVEN IN AMAZING FUN SHAPES (LIKE FANS).
- -Finalize the florist details, photographer, videographer, DJ/MC, etc.
- -Arrange the necessary accommodations for out-of-town guests. (WE CAN DESIGN ACCOMMODATION CARDS)
- -Plan a rehearsal dinner, time and place. (WE CAN MAKE REHEARSAL DINNER INVITES)
- -Confirm the wedding cake details with the baker.
6-8 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Mail invitations and announcements.
- -Prepare a portrait for the newspaper. Check your local newspaper for details and timing.
- -Set appointment with photographer for your formal bridal portrait.
- -Select gifts for all your attendants.
- -Set appointments with any hairdressers and/or makeup artists.
- -Hire the limousine or other forms of transportation for the wedding.
4-6 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Decide what your menu is going to be for the reception. (WE CAN ADD MENU CHOICES ONTO YOUR RESPONSE CARDS)
- -Estimate the expected number of guests.
- -Buy a gift for the groom.
- -Schedule a final fitting for your gown so it can be ready for your formal bridal portrait.
- -Purchase a going away outfit.
- -Pick up your wedding rings.
- -Purchase (borrow) all wedding accessories: ring pillow, goblets, garter belt, candles, etc.
- -Confirm florist details and delivery times.
- -Plan the seating for the reception as well as other details for the ceremony and reception.
- Start writing placement cards. (WE CAN MAKE MATCHING PLACE CARDS)
- -Make sure all bridesmaids’ attire has been fitted.
- -Buy a gift for the bride.
2 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Set up final consultation with your DJ/MC.
- -Make arrangements to have your wedding gifts moved to your new home.
- -Handle business and legal details such as name changes, address changes, etc.
- -Prepare the wedding announcement for the newspaper. (ASK ABOUT US SPECIALIZING THE ARTICLE FOR YOU)
- -Reconfirm your guests’ accommodations.
- -Make sure all clothing and accessories for you and the bridal party are ready.
- -Get your marriage license and any blood tests which are needed.
THE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- -Review any seating details with the ushers.
- -Make sure all wedding attire fits.
- -Finalize the seating arrangements.
- -Reconfirm your honeymoon reservations. Ensure you have any necessary plane tickets.
- -Start packing for your honeymoon.
- -Call any guests who have not responded yet.
- -Finish all the place cards for the reception.
- -Review all the final details with your photographer, videographer, etc.
- -Give a final head count to the caterer.
- -Delegate responsibilities to reliable individuals on your wedding day.
- -Wrap and present the wedding party gifts. (WE CAN MAKE GIFT TAGS)
- -Finalize your rehearsal dinner arrangements or other plans.
THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING
- -Get a manicure or massage to relax yourself.
- -Stay with your family the night before and go to sleep early.
- -Review and rehearse all the details of your participants.
THE BIG DAY
- -Make sure the best man and maid of honor sign the wedding certificate.
- -Allow yourself plenty of time to get dressed.
- -Enjoy your wonderful wedding and cherish each and every moment!!!
- -Be sure to eat properly.
- -Rest and relax with a good bath.
- -Prepare for your hairdresser and makeup appointments.
PAPERMADE INVITES CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR WEDDING.
WITH OVER 1000 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM, YOU CAN MATCH YOUR WEDDING INVITATIONS (RESPONSE CARDS, SAVE THE DATES, PLACE CARDS, REGISTRY CARDS, MENUS, THANK YOU CARDS, ACCOMMODATION CARDS, DIRECTION CARDS, MAPS, REHEARSAL DINNER INVITES AND MORE). PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO.
HAVE A FABULOUS WEDDING…WE HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL TO YOU!
INVITATION WORDING EXAMPLES: HERE ARE SOME WORDING EXAMPLES BASED ON DIFFERENT PEOPLE INVITING YOU TO THE WEDDING. CLICK ON LINKS BELOW TO SEE WORDING CHOICES. (PARENTS/COUPLE…AND FORMAL/CASUAL VERSIONS)
BRIDE AND GROOMS PARENTS INVITING 2 AND 4 SETS
BRIDES PARENTS HOSTING STANDARD AND 2 PARENT SETS
ON THE LINK BELOW YOU WILL FIND SOME TRADITIONAL, MODERN, FUNNY, MADLIBS STYLE, QUESTIONAIRE STYLE AND MENU OPTIONS:
FOR SOME ADDITIONAL WORDING OPTIONS…FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RESPONSE CARDS, PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR FEATURE ON APPLEBRIDES.COM